CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sep 11, 2010

5 Year of Challenges (a small catch up for you!)

Here are 5 challenges for you my friends. I hope you are able to catch up and play along with us. We should be back up to date shortly. I havent scrapbooked in months! I looked through the layouts I have sitting on my desk and scanned them in tonight (finally!) and tried to come up with some fun challenges for ya :)

Challenge 1 - Use another language on your layout. On this layout of Chinatown in San Francisco, I used Chinese rubons (or so the package said...) for the embellishments.
Challenge 2 - This one is a 2 part challenge. First, use a large photo 8x12 or 8x10. Second, pop up a smaller detailed photo on the larger one. On the layout below, I use a large overview photo of the park and ball game we were watching and cropped down a photo of the batter and popped it up on it.

Challenge 3 - Scrapbook a Canadian vacation that you have taken in the past few years (a "stay"cation if you will). Below, I scrapbooked Peggy's Cove out in Nova Scotia. It was very touristy, but so pretty (even on the foggy, cloudy day).


Challenge 4 - Use circle rings on your layout. I used the EK Circle cutter that Kari has in the back room at Embellished to cut my rings. Amazing and oh so easy to use.


Challenge 5 - Stamp on a chipboard shape, letter, embellishment. On the PEI layout below, I painted the chipboard swirl and the letters and then stamped on with Stazon ink to ensure it didnt smudge or rub off.




I hope if you click on the layouts they will enlarge (I cant promise with the technical difficulties we have been having lately lol).


Have a safe rest of your weekend. Hopefully we will be caught up soon! Thanks for your patience. We sure do appreciate it :)


~~Melanie

No comments:

Post a Comment