CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Aug 29, 2010

Summer's ending

I'm writing this Sunday morning, and I can't believe it's raining outside. The weather this weekend, while not blistering hot, was still warm enough to enjoy all that Cornfest had to offer. I took my youngest down on Thursday night where she could ride all the rides she wanted, and again on Friday after work, and then again, all day yesterday. I have some very cool ferris wheel pictures to show you later, and some (kinda cool) firework photos too.
I love taking photos at the fair. I stumbled across a website awhile ago, where a couple had a photo shoot done at the Calgary Stampede, and I think I'd love to try something like that too. There are so many bright colours, and sounds and smells... I love to try to capture the atmosphere. And people watching is so much fun!
There were so many people this year... I'm surprised sometimes by the crowds. And cell service is sometimes a little spotty too. It's hard to keep track of the kids, but they were really good this year about checking in.
I actually went on only one ride myself, the giant slide with my nephew, Jack. Too scary for old auntie to do it more than once, I'm afraid. My dad laughed and laughed when he told me about the faces I was making. lolMy little bean had an orientation on Friday, but her first official first day is Monday. Grade 6, and I'm still amazed at how fast time is flying. She's halfway done her schooling. And yet when I ask her what she learned at school, the answer is always, nothing. lol, so why am I sending her?
So I'm hoping to have more photos of some of the scrappy stuff I've done in the last little while to show you later. If you have kids going back to school, don't forget to take photos of their first day! We'll chat again soon!
~RonniH.

No comments:

Post a Comment