CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Aug 25, 2010

Summer's almost over!

So it felt like summer just got here, and now it's on it's way out. Did you get to do everything you wanted to? I didn't, but I still had fun. I took my youngest daughter swimming outside as often as I could, we slept in a tent in the backyard, and slept in as often as we could.

We also canned some peaches that my mom got from the fruit truck. It's so much work, canning, but I love the end results and the time I spend with my mom. My job was to peel the peaches...such a thankless job. But mom got stuck filling the jars, which is hot and sticky work too.Do you do any canning? We're hoping to do pickles later. And salsa. And creamed corn (even though that's not really canning, that's freezing) If you do, do you take pictures of the process? Saved the recipe for future generations? Take pictures too, if it doesn't turn out as planned. This time, one of the jars broke, flipped right over in the canner!It wasn't as hot as it has been in years past, but it still was lots of work! Look at me here, all Cinderella-like! LOL

Anyways, hopefully the transition from summer to fall goes very very slowly, and the cool weather they're calling for this weekend will just be a small hiccup, and not that bad. See you again soon!
~RonniH.

No comments:

Post a Comment